If you have been injured in a car accident in Fort Worth or North Texas and are researching the best injury lawyer to hire, how do you know where to turn?
Selecting a top injury lawyer is crucial so that you can get the most compensation.
2. Experience. You should hire an attorney who has been practicing law for as many years as possible. After all, there is no extra fee for someone who has represented thousands of injured people just like you for decades. Bill Berenson has been practicing injury law for almost 40 years here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
3. Specialization. He or she must be Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Again, these attorneys do not charge any more than non-board certified lawyers. Bill Berenson has been board certified in PI law since 1994. Only about 2% of Texas attorneys are board certified in this field.
4. Credentials. You want your attorney to know the insurance representatives and lawyers, judges, and others involved with your case and who is highly respected by his peers. Web sites will list his awards, ratings from other attorneys, and leadership positions in legal organizations.
5. Communication. The #1 complaint about lawyers is that you can never speak to them. You have to know what is going on with your claim or lawsuit. Our law firm prides itself on its client communications.
6. Passion. Hire an attorney who is going to fight for you diligently. You are hiring an advocate, not just a paper-pusher. Again, the best way to know this is by reading his reviews. Were past clients happy with his work and results?
7. Finances. Prosecuting a personal injury lawsuit can be an expensive undertaking, especially if a lawsuit is filed. Make sure that the attorney you hire will not be deterred by the cost of filing the case, hiring experts, and taking depositions.
Schedule a telephone or, better yet, a personal meeting with the attorney, not a legal assistant. Have a list of questions by your side and make sure they are all answered to your satisfaction.
Also ask your family and friends for recommendations, but carefully vet those names. Just because your Aunt Susan hired/heard someone else hired Lawyer X doesn’t mean he or she was a good choice.
Why do you need the best lawyer to represent you?
Even a routine two car crash can involve complicated insurance, medical, legal, and financial issues. The lawyer must explain how your rights are affected under the various laws that apply and guide you through an often difficult process. He must know what your case is worth and how to get you that money. This is especially true if the case has to go to court because the other driver’s insurance company refuses to pay you what your case is worth, or your lawyer advises you that this is your best option in the first place.
Also find out what the lawyer estimates any costs to be. Expenses for Federal Express deliveries, certified mailing, travel, and photocopies can add up. Our law firm has never charged for those expenses or for any interest for emergency loans requested by our clients which can save them hundreds of dollars.
We can help you
2020 is off to a great start for Berenson Injury Law! We have been working harder than ever to fight for our clients and get them the compensation they deserve.
We have settled multiple claims, are developing several cases for upcoming trials, and filed a lawsuit yesterday on behalf of the widow and children of a man who died after he was hit by a drunk driver in Fort Worth.
If you follow these steps, you will be able to get through a difficult time of your life as smoothly as possible. Hire an experienced car accident lawyer who will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Please call us at 817-885-8000 (toll-free at 1-888-801-8585) or fill out this information form here.