These cases often have to go to court to be successfully resolved. If there was a wrongful death, litigation is essential unless the insurance companies agree to tender all available proceeds. We just resolved the case for a man seriously injured as he was walking beside an interstate late at night for maximum value.
More information about how to proceed can be found here.
How to avoid a pedestrian injury
You never think a car or truck is going to hit you as you are walking until it does. Here are some things you must do to prevent this from happening:
- Maintain constant vigilance and walk defensively;
- Wear high visible clothes, especially in the early morning and late afternoon hours when drivers are dashing to and from work;
- Don’t wear headphones in both ears – or at all;
- Don’t run stop signs and lights if you are cycling; and
- Don’t walk and read your cell phone
Cases we are handling
Our law firm just filed a lawsuit on behalf of a man who was seriously injured when his truck was rear-ended by an extremely intoxicated driver. That caused his truck to flip over and land on a man who was working outside, tragically taking his life.
We just settled a major case for a man seriously injured as he walked next to an interstate highway late at night. We are representing a young man struck as he crossed the street to catch his school bus, a woman paralyzed after she was hit by a vehicle in north Fort Worth, and several other pedestrians.
We have handled pedestrian and bicyclist injury cases over the past 40 years.
Berenson Injury Law can help you
Mr. Berenson runs, walks, and cycles on our roads and understands the dangers involved. He strongly recommends that Fort Worth residents use the wonderful Trinity Trail network. Here is a photo where it goes by his building for the last 37 years (his firm’s offices can be seen near the top).
Other cities in North Texas also have good options including the White Rock Lake trails in Dallas, River Legacy Park in Arlington, and other off-road paths where you are guaranteed to be safer.
Mr. Berenson is involved in groups working to make our streets safer for pedestrians and cyclists by
- serving on the Road Safety committee of the Fort Worth Safe Cities Coalition,
- supporting the Fort Worth Independent School District’s and Blue Zones Project’s Safer Routes to School program,
- sponsoring Fort Worth’s first city-wide bike rodeo last year, and
- arranging bicycles and helmets to be donated to schools.
Please call us at 1-888-801-8585 or click here to chat if you have been injured in any type of motor vehicle collision. We will answer all of your questions and tell you what your best legal options are at no charge for the first consultation.